- Asian Agri Group: 72.3%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 23.9%
- FGV Holdings Bhd: 65.6%
- Reforestadadora de Palmas de el Peten SA (REPSA): 38.9%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 82.6%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 71.7%
- Bunge Ltd: 81.1%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 62.7%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 58.7%
- SIPEF: 64.3%
- CI Biocosta SA: 66.4%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 15.8%
- Itochu Corporation: 26.4%
- Cargill Inc: 68.2%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 27.4%
- Makin Group: 14.9%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 69.8%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 43.9%
- First Resources Ltd: 69.9%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 85.3%
- Korindo Group (palm oil): 35.5%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 77.3%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 65.9%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.6%
- United Plantations Bhd: 86.5%
- QL Resources Bhd: 15.2%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 44%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 78.1%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 53.5%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 29%
- Noble Group Ltd: 82.1%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 74.4%
- Groupe Blattner Elwyn (palm oil): 0.4%
- Palmas Group: 37.7%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.4%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 36.8%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 38.6%
- Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk : 35.5%
- Tianjin Julong Group: 0.4%
- AgroAmerica: 63.2%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.6%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 1.7%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 87%
- Biopalma da Amazônia SA: 24.3%
- Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd: 67.2%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 96%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.2%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 26.9%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 16.7%
- Gozco Plantations Tbk PT: 6.1%
- Atama Plantation Sarl: 2.2%
- Daabon Group: 96.9%
- Agropalma Group: 93.6%
- Golden Veroleum (Liberia) Inc (GVL): 50.8%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 49.4%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 83%
- Glencore Agriculture BV: 17.2%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 21.3%
- Feronia Inc: 44.4%
- Best Group: 1.6%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 70.2%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 60.3%
- AAK AB: 66.7%
- Socfin Group SA: 71.8%
- Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk PT: 54.8%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 47.8%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 35.5%
- Agritrade International Pte Ltd: 3%
Palm oil assessment summary – November 2018
Michael Guindon and Annabelle Dodson | 06 Nov 2018 | Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
SPOTT assesses 70 palm oil producers and traders on the public disclosure of their policies, operations and commitments related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
We encourage stakeholders to engage with producers and traders, as company policies and commitments may not always translate into effective implementation on the ground.
SPOTT scores palm oil producers and traders using up to 119 ESG indicators across 10 categories. Click on the categories below to find out more about the companies, and visit their pages to view full assessments.
- The average score of 70 palm oil producers and traders is 47.9% in November 2018, compared to 50.4% during the last assessment of 50 palm oil companies in November 2017.
- 25 companies have an overall score of at least 66% (higher transparency), compared to 17 companies in November 2017.
- 23 companies have a score below 33% (lower transparency), compared to 14 in the last assessment round.
- 34/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw an increase in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was +6%.
- 14/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw a decrease in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was -3%.
- Companies perform best in the categories Sustainability policy and leadership (average score: 58.4%) and Community, land and labour rights (55.7%).
- There is room for improvement in Certification standards (35.8%) and Smallholders and suppliers (37.2%).
- The average score of 45 Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) members, including companies with subsidiary RSPO members, is 60% vs. 20% for 21 non-RSPO members.
Check the company scores table to rank all 70 palm oil companies and access their full assessments.
Download a printable summary of the November 2018 assessments of 70 palm oil producers and traders.