- Asian Agri Group: 72.3%
- Socfin Group SA: 71.8%
- Cargill Inc: 68.2%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 58.7%
- Bunge Ltd: 81.1%
- CI Biocosta SA: 66.4%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 47.8%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 78.1%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 44%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 70.2%
- Makin Group: 14.9%
- Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk PT: 54.8%
- Glencore Agriculture BV: 17.2%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 83%
- Daabon Group: 96.9%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 15.8%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 49.4%
- Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd: 67.2%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 85.3%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.6%
- Itochu Corporation: 26.4%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 96%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 36.8%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 16.7%
- Tianjin Julong Group: 0.4%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 26.9%
- SIPEF: 64.3%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 21.3%
- Korindo Group (palm oil): 35.5%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 38.6%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.6%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.4%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 23.9%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 87%
- Palmas Group: 37.7%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 77.3%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 60.3%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 35.5%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 62.7%
- AAK AB: 66.7%
- United Plantations Bhd: 86.5%
- Gozco Plantations Tbk PT: 6.1%
- Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk : 35.5%
- Agropalma Group: 93.6%
- Noble Group Ltd: 82.1%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 65.9%
- First Resources Ltd: 69.9%
- AgroAmerica: 63.2%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 43.9%
- Groupe Blattner Elwyn (palm oil): 0.4%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 29%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 1.7%
- Agritrade International Pte Ltd: 3%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 69.8%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 82.6%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 71.7%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 27.4%
- QL Resources Bhd: 15.2%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.2%
- Reforestadadora de Palmas de el Peten SA (REPSA): 38.9%
- Feronia Inc: 44.4%
- Atama Plantation Sarl: 2.2%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 74.4%
- FGV Holdings Bhd: 65.6%
- Biopalma da Amazônia SA: 24.3%
- Golden Veroleum (Liberia) Inc (GVL): 50.8%
- Best Group: 1.6%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 53.5%
Palm oil assessment summary – November 2018
Michael Guindon and Annabelle Dodson | 06 Nov 2018 | Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
SPOTT assesses 70 palm oil producers and traders on the public disclosure of their policies, operations and commitments related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
We encourage stakeholders to engage with producers and traders, as company policies and commitments may not always translate into effective implementation on the ground.
SPOTT scores palm oil producers and traders using up to 119 ESG indicators across 10 categories. Click on the categories below to find out more about the companies, and visit their pages to view full assessments.
- The average score of 70 palm oil producers and traders is 47.9% in November 2018, compared to 50.4% during the last assessment of 50 palm oil companies in November 2017.
- 25 companies have an overall score of at least 66% (higher transparency), compared to 17 companies in November 2017.
- 23 companies have a score below 33% (lower transparency), compared to 14 in the last assessment round.
- 34/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw an increase in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was +6%.
- 14/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw a decrease in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was -3%.
- Companies perform best in the categories Sustainability policy and leadership (average score: 58.4%) and Community, land and labour rights (55.7%).
- There is room for improvement in Certification standards (35.8%) and Smallholders and suppliers (37.2%).
- The average score of 49 Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) members, including companies with subsidiary RSPO members, is 60% vs. 20% for 21 non-RSPO members.
Check the company scores table to rank all 70 palm oil companies and access their full assessments.
Download a printable summary of the November 2018 assessments of 70 palm oil producers and traders.