- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 38.6%
- Groupe Blattner Elwyn (palm oil): 0.4%
- Golden Veroleum (Liberia) Inc (GVL): 50.8%
- Korindo Group (palm oil): 35.5%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 53.5%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 70.2%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.6%
- Palmas Group: 37.7%
- Reforestadadora de Palmas de el Peten SA (REPSA): 38.9%
- Biopalma da Amazônia SA: 24.3%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 16.7%
- SIPEF: 64.3%
- Itochu Corporation: 26.4%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 36.8%
- Cargill Inc: 68.2%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 62.7%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 78.1%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 35.5%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Makin Group: 14.9%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 87%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 27.4%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 26.9%
- Bunge Ltd: 81.1%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.2%
- Noble Group Ltd: 82.1%
- Agropalma Group: 93.6%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 47.8%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 60.3%
- Socfin Group SA: 71.8%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 43.9%
- Gozco Plantations Tbk PT: 6.1%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.6%
- Glencore Agriculture BV: 17.2%
- Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk PT: 54.8%
- United Plantations Bhd: 86.5%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 83%
- QL Resources Bhd: 15.2%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 29%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 77.3%
- AAK AB: 66.7%
- Agritrade International Pte Ltd: 3%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 21.3%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 71.7%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 74.4%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 44%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 49.4%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 65.9%
- Atama Plantation Sarl: 2.2%
- Daabon Group: 96.9%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.4%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 15.8%
- CI Biocosta SA: 66.4%
- Asian Agri Group: 72.3%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 85.3%
- Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk : 35.5%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 1.7%
- First Resources Ltd: 69.9%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 96%
- Tianjin Julong Group: 0.4%
- FGV Holdings Bhd: 65.6%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 58.7%
- Best Group: 1.6%
- AgroAmerica: 63.2%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 69.8%
- Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd: 67.2%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 23.9%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 82.6%
- Feronia Inc: 44.4%
Palm oil assessment summary – November 2018
Michael Guindon and Annabelle Dodson | 06 Nov 2018 | Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
SPOTT assesses 70 palm oil producers and traders on the public disclosure of their policies, operations and commitments related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
We encourage stakeholders to engage with producers and traders, as company policies and commitments may not always translate into effective implementation on the ground.
SPOTT scores palm oil producers and traders using up to 119 ESG indicators across 10 categories. Click on the categories below to find out more about the companies, and visit their pages to view full assessments.
- The average score of 70 palm oil producers and traders is 47.9% in November 2018, compared to 50.4% during the last assessment of 50 palm oil companies in November 2017.
- 25 companies have an overall score of at least 66% (higher transparency), compared to 17 companies in November 2017.
- 23 companies have a score below 33% (lower transparency), compared to 14 in the last assessment round.
- 34/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw an increase in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was +6%.
- 14/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw a decrease in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was -3%.
- Companies perform best in the categories Sustainability policy and leadership (average score: 58.4%) and Community, land and labour rights (55.7%).
- There is room for improvement in Certification standards (35.8%) and Smallholders and suppliers (37.2%).
- The average score of 45 Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) members, including companies with subsidiary RSPO members, is 60% vs. 20% for 21 non-RSPO members.
Check the company scores table to rank all 70 palm oil companies and access their full assessments.
Download a printable summary of the November 2018 assessments of 70 palm oil producers and traders.