- Reforestadadora de Palmas de el Peten SA (REPSA): 38.9%
- Feronia Inc: 44.4%
- Socfin Group SA: 71.8%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 69.8%
- SIPEF: 64.3%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 15.8%
- Korindo Group (palm oil): 35.5%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 71.7%
- FGV Holdings Bhd: 65.6%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 62.7%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 78.1%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 29%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 60.3%
- Gozco Plantations Tbk PT: 6.1%
- Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk : 35.5%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 65.9%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 85.3%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 70.2%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 44%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 83%
- Golden Veroleum (Liberia) Inc (GVL): 50.8%
- AAK AB: 66.7%
- Asian Agri Group: 72.3%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 36.8%
- Biopalma da Amazônia SA: 24.3%
- Cargill Inc: 68.2%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 43.9%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 16.7%
- Palmas Group: 37.7%
- Daabon Group: 96.9%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 38.6%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 87%
- Tianjin Julong Group: 0.4%
- First Resources Ltd: 69.9%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 47.8%
- Makin Group: 14.9%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 96%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 82.6%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.6%
- United Plantations Bhd: 86.5%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.4%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 26.9%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 77.3%
- Agropalma Group: 93.6%
- Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd: 67.2%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 23.9%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 27.4%
- Glencore Agriculture BV: 17.2%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 21.3%
- Noble Group Ltd: 82.1%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 1.7%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 58.7%
- Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk PT: 54.8%
- Best Group: 1.6%
- QL Resources Bhd: 15.2%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.6%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 35.5%
- Bunge Ltd: 81.1%
- Atama Plantation Sarl: 2.2%
- Groupe Blattner Elwyn (palm oil): 0.4%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 53.5%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.2%
- AgroAmerica: 63.2%
- Agritrade International Pte Ltd: 3%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 74.4%
- Itochu Corporation: 26.4%
- CI Biocosta SA: 66.4%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 49.4%
Palm oil assessment summary – November 2018
Michael Guindon and Annabelle Dodson | 06 Nov 2018 | Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
SPOTT assesses 70 palm oil producers and traders on the public disclosure of their policies, operations and commitments related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
We encourage stakeholders to engage with producers and traders, as company policies and commitments may not always translate into effective implementation on the ground.
SPOTT scores palm oil producers and traders using up to 119 ESG indicators across 10 categories. Click on the categories below to find out more about the companies, and visit their pages to view full assessments.
- The average score of 70 palm oil producers and traders is 47.9% in November 2018, compared to 50.4% during the last assessment of 50 palm oil companies in November 2017.
- 25 companies have an overall score of at least 66% (higher transparency), compared to 17 companies in November 2017.
- 23 companies have a score below 33% (lower transparency), compared to 14 in the last assessment round.
- 34/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw an increase in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was +6%.
- 14/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw a decrease in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was -3%.
- Companies perform best in the categories Sustainability policy and leadership (average score: 58.4%) and Community, land and labour rights (55.7%).
- There is room for improvement in Certification standards (35.8%) and Smallholders and suppliers (37.2%).
- The average score of 49 Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) members, including companies with subsidiary RSPO members, is 60% vs. 20% for 21 non-RSPO members.
Check the company scores table to rank all 70 palm oil companies and access their full assessments.
Download a printable summary of the November 2018 assessments of 70 palm oil producers and traders.