- Feronia Inc: 44.4%
- Agropalma Group: 93.6%
- Sawit Sumbermas Sarana Tbk PT: 54.8%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 65.9%
- Makin Group: 14.9%
- Tianjin Julong Group: 0.4%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 96%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 69.8%
- Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk : 35.5%
- Asian Agri Group: 72.3%
- AgroAmerica: 63.2%
- AAK AB: 66.7%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 53.5%
- SIPEF: 64.3%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 82.6%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 26.9%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 38.6%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 49.4%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 44%
- Atama Plantation Sarl: 2.2%
- CI Biocosta SA: 66.4%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.4%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 16.7%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 35.5%
- United Plantations Bhd: 86.5%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 36.8%
- Bunge Ltd: 81.1%
- Noble Group Ltd: 82.1%
- Reforestadadora de Palmas de el Peten SA (REPSA): 38.9%
- First Resources Ltd: 69.9%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 70.2%
- FGV Holdings Bhd: 65.6%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 77.3%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 43.9%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.6%
- Cargill Inc: 68.2%
- Palmas Group: 37.7%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 21.3%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.2%
- QL Resources Bhd: 15.2%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 78.1%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 58.7%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 23.9%
- Glencore Agriculture BV: 17.2%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 1.7%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.6%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 47.8%
- Daabon Group: 96.9%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 83%
- Korindo Group (palm oil): 35.5%
- Golden Veroleum (Liberia) Inc (GVL): 50.8%
- Groupe Blattner Elwyn (palm oil): 0.4%
- Socfin Group SA: 71.8%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 27.4%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 74.4%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 62.7%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 87%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 29%
- Agritrade International Pte Ltd: 3%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- Itochu Corporation: 26.4%
- Gozco Plantations Tbk PT: 6.1%
- Best Group: 1.6%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 60.3%
- Goodhope Asia Holdings Ltd: 67.2%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 15.8%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 71.7%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 85.3%
- Biopalma da Amazônia SA: 24.3%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
Palm oil assessment summary – November 2018
Michael Guindon and Annabelle Dodson | 06 Nov 2018 | Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
SPOTT assesses 70 palm oil producers and traders on the public disclosure of their policies, operations and commitments related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
We encourage stakeholders to engage with producers and traders, as company policies and commitments may not always translate into effective implementation on the ground.
SPOTT scores palm oil producers and traders using up to 119 ESG indicators across 10 categories. Click on the categories below to find out more about the companies, and visit their pages to view full assessments.
- The average score of 70 palm oil producers and traders is 47.9% in November 2018, compared to 50.4% during the last assessment of 50 palm oil companies in November 2017.
- 25 companies have an overall score of at least 66% (higher transparency), compared to 17 companies in November 2017.
- 23 companies have a score below 33% (lower transparency), compared to 14 in the last assessment round.
- 34/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw an increase in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was +6%.
- 14/50 companies assessed in 2017 saw a decrease in their scores in 2018 – the average change in score was -3%.
- Companies perform best in the categories Sustainability policy and leadership (average score: 58.4%) and Community, land and labour rights (55.7%).
- There is room for improvement in Certification standards (35.8%) and Smallholders and suppliers (37.2%).
- The average score of 49 Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) members, including companies with subsidiary RSPO members, is 60% vs. 20% for 21 non-RSPO members.
Check the company scores table to rank all 70 palm oil companies and access their full assessments.
Download a printable summary of the November 2018 assessments of 70 palm oil producers and traders.