- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 57.2%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 51.9%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 33.5%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 23.2%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.9%
- Felda Global Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd: 55.8%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 50.2%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 25.1%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 24.2%
- Asian Agri Group: 65.8%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 68.8%
- Noble Group Ltd: 73.1%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 67.8%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 51.9%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 45.6%
- SIPEF: 57.7%
- QL Resources Bhd: 12.4%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 44.3%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 34.3%
- First Resources Ltd: 62.1%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 77.6%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 38.4%
- Agropalma Group: 91.4%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 84.5%
- Bunge Ltd: 69%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 66.2%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.9%
- Cargill Inc: 69.9%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 43.1%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 82%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 49%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.5%
- Daabon Group: 95%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 31%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 93.8%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 74.8%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 16.9%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 62%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 56.5%
- United Plantations Bhd: 81.9%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.2%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 67.4%
- Socfin Group S.A.: 65.5%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 13.8%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 3.3%
- Makin Group: 18.4%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 13.8%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 61.6%
Genting Plantations Bhd https://www.spott.org/palm-oil/genting-plantations-bhd/
Established in 1977, Genting Plantations is a subsidiary of Genting Group. Genting Plantations' business activities include the cultivation of oil palm and the harvesting and processing of fresh fruit bunches into crude palm oil and palm kernel. The company, through its subsidiaries, also develops and invests in properties, trades rubber wood, provides palm oil mill management services, and operates a golf course. Genting Plantations' oil palm plantation estates are located in both Malaysia and Indonesia.
Parent company:Genting Group
Landbank (oil palm):259,714 hectares
Palm cultivation revenue:85.02%
Market cap:2,034,512,768 USD
Thomson Reuters ticker:GENP.KL
Bloomberg ticker:GENP MK
RSPO member?Yes. Genting Plantations was suspended and reinstated in 2014.
Other initiatives:Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil (MSPO), International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC)
Activities:Oil palm cultivation, processing of crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel (PK)
Locations:Malaysia (Sabah, Sarawak, Johor, Kedah, Malacca, Perak, Selangor) and Indonesia (West Kalimantan and Central Kalimantan)
Related companies:Collaboration with Musim Mas on a refinery in which Genting has a 72% share and Musim Mas a 28% share.
Company assessment: Genting Plantations Bhd – November 2017
SPOTT assesses companies against over 100 indicators across ten categories. Click on the icons or bars below to expand each category for further details, scoring and links to reports and sources.
Media monitor: Genting Plantations Bhd
SPOTT gathers reports and stories from global media sources, covering specific company activities related to the assessment indicator categories. ZSL does not assess the validity of these reports.
Indonesian Palm Oil's Stranded Assets: 10 Million Football Fields
Palm oil workers shot orangutan for meat, Indonesia lawmaker says
NZ funds' $21m 'dodgy' palm oil investment
RSPO Complaint filed Aug 2013 - Tanjung Bahagia Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of Genting Plantations Berhad) (Status H: Closed)
Norway fund drops 11 firms over deforestation
RSPO Complaint filed Aug 2013 - Genting Plantations Berhad (Status H: Case Closed)
Is this Malaysian palm oil firm still destroying forest in Borneo - and selling to Wilmar?
Wilmar's palm oil products continue to be associated with deforestation
Norway's wealth fund expels POSCO, Daewoo Int'l over palm oil holdings
Malaysian palm oil company destroys Borneo forests, despite buyer's zero deforestation commitment
Research protocols guide how ZSL conducts SPOTT assessments and allocates scores to ensure a fair and consistent approach, setting the expectations for companies on how they should publish ESG data. The full palm oil indicator framework contains 125 indicators across 10 categories, aligned with corporate reporting initiatives.
Map of concessions: Genting Plantations Bhd
Explore our interactive mapping tool for a satellite view of deforestation and fires in and around concession sites of companies featured on the SPOTT scorecard. These data can support SPOTT users in conducting further research to verify whether or not company commitments are being implemented on the ground.
Use the map search bar to find specific company concessions or locations. Click the concession sites marked by pins to zoom in for more information, then go to the company pages of featured concessions to view their assessments.
Some of Genting's mills and estates are available on Global Forest Watch; however, ZSL is currently unable to ascertain if the maps disclosed constitute 100% of the company's palm oil mills and estates. The company is not on a list of non-submitters of maps to the RSPO. However, ZSL is currently unable to ascertain if the maps disclosed constitute 100% of the company's palm oil estates. Maps will become available on GeoRSPO. Some of the concessions are available on the SPOTT map.