- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 82%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 43.1%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 25.1%
- Bunge Ltd: 69%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 93.8%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 13.8%
- SIPEF: 57.7%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 77.6%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 84.5%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Agropalma Group: 91.4%
- Noble Group Ltd: 73.1%
- Asian Agri Group: 65.8%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.2%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 74.8%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 57.2%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 66.2%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 67.4%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.5%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 51.9%
- Makin Group: 18.4%
- Socfin Group S.A.: 65.5%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 23.2%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 33.5%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 61.6%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 49%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.9%
- Felda Global Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd: 55.8%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 50.2%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 67.8%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 56.5%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 51.9%
- United Plantations Bhd: 81.9%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 34.3%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.9%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 13.8%
- First Resources Ltd: 62.1%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 62%
- QL Resources Bhd: 12.4%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 16.9%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 38.4%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 24.2%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 44.3%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 3.3%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 68.8%
- Cargill Inc: 69.9%
- Daabon Group: 95%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 45.6%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 31%
Socfin Group S.A. https://www.spott.org/palm-oil/socfin-group-sa/
Established in 1909, Socfin Group S.A. is one of the core business units of the Bolloré Group and its major business activities include oil palm cultivation and palm oil refining and milling. Socfin presently has interests in oil palm plantation companies throughout the Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Indonesia. They also own rubber plantations and are one of the leading exporters of African natural rubber.
Parent company:Bolloré Group
Landbank (oil palm):400,000 hectares
Palm cultivation revenue:55.29%
Market cap:473,833,632 USD
Thomson Reuters ticker:SLXSF.PK
Bloomberg ticker:SOCFI LX
Other initiatives:Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC)
Activities:Oil palm cultivation, processing of crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel (PK), refining, trading
Locations:Indonesia (Aceh, North Sumatra), Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone
Company assessment: Socfin Group S.A. – November 2017
SPOTT assesses companies against over 100 indicators across ten categories. Click on the icons or bars below to expand each category for further details, scoring and links to reports and sources.
Media monitor: Socfin Group S.A.
SPOTT gathers reports and stories from global media sources, covering specific company activities related to the assessment indicator categories. ZSL does not assess the validity of these reports.
Backed by a multinational agro-giant, a Nigerian palm oil company is causing "grave impacts" in Edo State
Sierra Leone Business: Agric. Minister calls for review of socfin land lease agreement in Pujehun
ONGe protestéiere géint SOCFIN um Belair (NGOs protest against Socfin to Belair)
Why it's getting harder (and more dangerous) to hold companies accountable
Farmers Seek Independent Inquiry into Controversial Sierra Leone Palm Oil Deal
Almost 1M hectares "missing" from land holdings of major palm oil companies
Sierra Leone's farmers continue to fight multinational land grabs
Communiqué de la société SOCFIN (Socfin's rebuttal to the Greenpeace report)
Africa's forests 'threatened by palm oil rush'
Greenpeace report: Africa's Forests Under Threat
The palm oil company at the centre of a bitter land rights struggle in Cameroon
Coordinated protests hit Socfin plantations in four countries
Belgian, Zimbabwean shot in land protest in Sierra Leone
Research protocols: Socfin Group S.A.
Research protocols guide how ZSL conducts SPOTT assessments and allocates scores to ensure a fair and consistent approach, setting the expectations for companies on how they should publish ESG data. The full palm oil indicator framework contains 125 indicators across 10 categories, aligned with corporate reporting initiatives.
Map of concessions: Socfin Group S.A.
Explore our interactive mapping tool for a satellite view of deforestation and fires in and around concession sites of companies featured on the SPOTT scorecard. These data can support SPOTT users in conducting further research to verify whether or not company commitments are being implemented on the ground.
Use the map search bar to find specific company concessions or locations. Click the concession sites marked by pins to zoom in for more information, then go to the company pages of featured concessions to view their assessments.
Socfin Group makes all of its mill locations available. The company makes KML shapefiles of its concession boundaries available for all its operations. Indonesia concessions have also been submitted in previous RSPO ACOPs. Maps will become available on GeoRSPO. Some of the concessions are available on the SPOTT map.