- First Resources Ltd: 62.1%
- Musim Mas Group PT: 67.8%
- IJM Plantations Bhd: 50.2%
- Boustead Plantations Bhd: 34.3%
- Noble Group Ltd: 73.1%
- Tradewinds Plantation Bhd: 10.5%
- Sampoerna Agro Tbk PT: 45.6%
- Jaya Tiasa Holdings Bhd: 13.8%
- Bumitama Agri Ltd: 72.4%
- SIPEF: 57.7%
- Cargill Inc: 69.9%
- POSCO DAEWOO Corporation: 31%
- Tunas Baru Lampung Tbk PT: 25.3%
- Daabon Group: 95%
- IOI Corporation Bhd: 74.8%
- Golden Agri Resources Ltd: 82%
- R.E.A. Holdings plc: 67.4%
- M.P. Evans Group plc: 49%
- Felda Global Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd: 55.8%
- Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd: 56.5%
- KS Oils Ltd: 2.9%
- Hap Seng Plantation Holdings Bhd: 66.2%
- Genting Plantations Bhd: 51.9%
- Golden Plantation Tbk PT: 13.8%
- QL Resources Bhd: 12.4%
- Wilmar International Ltd: 84.5%
- Bakrie Sumatera Plantations Tbk PT: 38.4%
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): 57.2%
- Anglo-Eastern Plantations plc: 23.2%
- Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd: 24.2%
- Glenealy Plantations Sdn Bhd: 3.3%
- United Plantations Bhd: 81.9%
- Bunge Ltd: 69%
- Louis Dreyfus Company: 62%
- Kencana Agri Ltd: 43.1%
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd: 61.6%
- Olam International Ltd (palm oil): 77.9%
- Agropalma Group: 91.4%
- Triputra Agro Persada Group PT: 16.9%
- Makin Group: 18.4%
- Eagle High Plantations Tbk PT: 25.1%
- Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT: 44.3%
- Socfin Group S.A.: 65.5%
- Asian Agri Group: 65.8%
- Indofood Agri Resources Ltd: 68.8%
- TSH Resources Bhd: 33.5%
- Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk PT: 51.9%
- Darmex Agro Group PT: 1.2%
- New Britain Palm Oil Ltd: 93.8%
- Sime Darby Plantation Sdn Bhd: 77.6%
Socfin Group S.A. https://www.spott.org/palm-oil/socfin-group-sa/
Established in 1909, Socfin Group S.A. is one of the core business units of the Bolloré Group and its major business activities include oil palm cultivation and palm oil refining and milling. Socfin presently has interests in oil palm plantation companies throughout the Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Indonesia. They also own rubber plantations and are one of the leading exporters of African natural rubber.
Parent company:BollorÃ© Group
Landbank (oil palm):400,000 hectares
Palm cultivation revenue:55.29%
Market cap:473,833,632 USD
Thomson Reuters ticker:SLXSF.PK
Bloomberg ticker:SOCFI LX
Other initiatives:Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO), International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC)
Activities:Oil palm cultivation, processing of crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel (PK), refining, trading
Locations:Indonesia (Aceh, North Sumatra), Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, SÃ£o TomÃ© and PrÃncipe, Sierra Leone
Company assessment: Socfin Group S.A. – November 2017
SPOTT assesses companies against over 100 indicators across ten categories. Click on the icons or bars below to expand each category for further details, scoring and links to reports and sources.
Media monitor: Socfin Group S.A.
SPOTT gathers reports and stories from global media sources, covering specific company activities related to the assessment indicator categories. ZSL does not assess the validity of these reports.
Backed by a multinational agro-giant, a Nigerian palm oil company is causing "grave impacts" in Edo State
Sierra Leone Business: Agric. Minister calls for review of socfin land lease agreement in Pujehun
ONGe protestÃ©iere gÃ©int SOCFIN um Belair (NGOs protest against Socfin to Belair)
Why it's getting harder (and more dangerous) to hold companies accountable
Farmers Seek Independent Inquiry into Controversial Sierra Leone Palm Oil Deal
Almost 1M hectares "missing" from land holdings of major palm oil companies
Sierra Leone's farmers continue to fight multinational land grabs
CommuniquÃ© de la sociÃ©tÃ© SOCFIN (Socfin's rebuttal to the Greenpeace report)
Africa's forests 'threatened by palm oil rush'
Menaces sur les forÃªts africaines (Threats to African forests, Greenpeace report)
The palm oil company at the centre of a bitter land rights struggle in Cameroon
Coordinated protests hit Socfin plantations in four countries
Belgian, Zimbabwean shot in land protest in Sierra Leone
Research protocols guide how ZSL conducts SPOTT assessments and allocates scores to ensure a fair and consistent approach, setting the expectations for companies on how they should publish ESG data. The full palm oil indicator framework contains 125 indicators across 10 categories, aligned with corporate reporting initiatives.
Map of concessions: Socfin Group S.A.
Explore our interactive mapping tool for a satellite view of deforestation and fires in and around concession sites of companies featured on the SPOTT scorecard. These data can support SPOTT users in conducting further research to verify whether or not company commitments are being implemented on the ground.
Use the map search bar to find specific company concessions or locations. Click the concession sites marked by pins to zoom in for more information, then go to the company pages of featured concessions to view their assessments.
Socfin Group makes all of its mill locations available. The company makes KML shapefiles of its concession boundaries available for all its operations. Indonesia concessions have also been submitted in previous RSPO ACOPs. Maps will become available on GeoRSPO. Some of the concessions are available on the SPOTT map.